Cranberry Pines Elementary School Counselor
Meet Mrs. Wallenhurst, our School Counselor. Here are some of her roles here at Cranberry Pines:
- Teaching classroom guidance lessons in grades K-5 about conflict resolution, character education, bullying, personal safety, STRONG lessons (drug and alcohol awareness and prevention), feelings, friendship, and more.
- Running small counseling groups during student’s lunch time and working with students one-on-one to help them develop various coping skills that promote success in school
- Acting as the school Anti-Bullying Specialist, facilitating Respect Week activities and character building programs and practices, and engaging in anti-bullying initiatives and education
- Supervising the Peer Mediation Program
- Running the I&RS Committee and the 504 Team
- Being available on a day-to-day basis to help students resolve conflicts and work through any problems that are impacting them here throughout the school day
- Assisting teachers, parents, and students each and every day!
I am here for you! Please reach out to me if I can assist you and your family in any way! 😊